If you are thinking of putting up a hair salon business, one of the things you have to invest on are high quality hair tools and equipment that will ensure that you give your clients nothing but the best kind of service and treatment.
One of the fundamental hair tools that you should invest on is a pair of good shears because this is the tool that you will be using to give your customers great haircuts. A pair of Fromm shears is one of your best choices.
Of course, it does not end with buying a pair of nice hair scissors. You also have to know how to take care of this so that it would last a long time doing great service to you and the people who come into your salon.
Here are the basic caring techniques that will help you maintain your hair shears properly:
1. Inspect your hair shears prior to use. Using your shears when it is not in good condition can worsen the damage. Attend to it before it gets worse.
2. Clean your shears every after use. Do not let hair or any hair product sit on it for a long time. Remove any debris using a clean cloth or tissue. Just be sure that the material you use to wipe it will not cause any scratches on the exterior.
3. Store them securely in a container. Keeping your shears in the same container where you store your other hair tools like brushes, other shears, combs, and hair clips may damage the cutting edge of the tool.
It would be best to make use of the shears’ special container to ensure that they are well-protected while not being used. You can also keep them in a holster, case or a pouch. Be sure that you dry out your shears completely before storing.
4. Sharpen your shears properly. Bring them to a professional sharpening servicing outlet to maintain the sharpness of your shears.
5. Avoid dropping your shears. Dropping can cause bends on the scissors and affect its ability to create regular cutting.
6. Apply a drop of good quality scissors oil or shear lubricant around the pivot screw while the shears are open. Remove any excess.
7. Avoid lending your shears to people who are not careful with handling hair tools. You take good care of your shears and it will be very upsetting if somebody else will just break it.
8. Do not use your shears other than for cutting hair. Using your hair shears to cut a carton, open up a box or slice something, the shears may lose its sharpness and ability to cut hair smoothly.
9. Shampoo your customer’s hair before cutting. The grease in your client’s hair can cause damage on the blades of the scissors.
It is important to take care of your Fromm shears. With these caring techniques, you will be able to prolong the life of this important piece of hair tool and save yourself money that you would otherwise have to spend on buying, repairing or replacing your shears.