Time: July 25, 2011 to August 21, 2011
Location: New York, NY
Event Type: open, auditions
Organized By: L'Oréal Professionnel Session
Latest Activity: 4 hours ago
Event DescriptionWe are excited to announce that L’Oreal Professionnel is creating its first ever Session Artist Team. L’Oreal Professionnel is known for its Parisian heritage and its strong link to fashion. We pride ourselves in partnering with the strongest names in fashion and have a product line called Texture Expert that was designed with the session stylist in mind. As a L’Oreal Professionnel Session Artist, you will be the representatives of L’Oreal Professionnel and part of a strong team that encompass our tagline “By the World’s Greatest Hairstylists”. You would participate in events such as:
- Fashion Week
- VIP Texture Expert events
- Soho Academy events
- Trade opportunities
- Artistic Summit biannually
There will be 2 parts to this audition:
Submit a 10 minute videotape of yourself with the following things covered in the video.
- Introduction to include:
- What is your background in session/editorial work?
- Who are you inspired by in the industry?
- Why do you want to be a part of this team?
- What do you presently know about L’Oreal Professionnel?
- Demonstrate how to do a CLEAN French Twist
- Videos do not need to be shot professionally
- Your image
- The way you work with your hands
- Your personality
- Videos will be uploaded to You Tube, and must be received by August 19, 2011.
- To upload the video:
PART 2: LIVE AUDITION
Finalists chosen on or around August 25, will need to appear at the live audition in New York City on September 17-18.
- Stylists will be responsible for their own travel & expenses
- As a finalist, L'Oreal Professionnel will provide you a kit of products to use prior to your arrival
- If chosen L"Oreal Professionnel will be in touch with the day and time of your audition.
- Please bring your portofolio and a complete kit of tools
- A curl set
- A sleek ponytail
- And 1 runway look that our team leaders will demonstrate and you will create the same look.
- Appearance is in line with the image of L’Oreal Professionnel.
- Have knowledge of concept/products
- Your work is clean, neat and easy to follow
- You are able to replicate the look done by the team leader
- You have the ability to be creative
- Good team mentality