Monday, October 18, 2010

Treatment of the week: Widen and brighten your eyes with a lash makeover

By India Sturgis
 


A real eye-opener: The new treatment at Neville's salon sdds length and colour to your lashes, but for a price
A real eye-opener: The new treatment at Neville's salon sdds length and colour to your lashes, but for a price.


Some treatments are real eye-openers, and mine have been widened, brightened and coloured in the newest treatment at Neville’s salon in Belgravia, London.

Esme Winterflood, Neville’s lash stylist, adds length and colour to your lashes, but for a price. Treatments start at £100 and go up to a whopping £230.

Results last up to six weeks, and Esme can travel to your home, if you are short of time.

I have a consultation where different looks are explained, and I am advised what will suit me.

Blue eyes are best brought out by auburn highlights, green eyes, purple, and brown eyes, blue. I go for a natural look (with lashes that are not too long) with brown tints.

Each hair is individually applied with tweezers and glued 1mm away from the root of the natural lash, so they still grow normally.

It’s a fiddly process which takes an hour-and-a-half. My eyes are closed throughout, so it’s hard not to have a little nap. When I do open my eyes, there’s a big change.

They look like honey traps; thick black lashes flickering about, every lash separated and longer. And they don’t weight down the eyelid.


Esme warns me not to use oil based make-up remover, as it dissolves the glue, and metal lash curlers and mascara are also a no no (but you won’t need either).

I am told to keep my face dry for 24 hours and to avoid touching the lashes.

After a week, they still look great and feel entirely natural. My female friends have all commented on how great they look. It’s just the price tag which makes my eyes water. ­

Perhaps it’s a treatment best saved up for a special occasion.

Dailymail

Hair News Network

No comments:

Post a Comment