The news• Karen Elson on her Nine West collection interviewed in the New York Times Style magazine "If a model is going to make some shoes, she's going to make them comfortable".
• WWD reports that in preparation for the Missoni for Target (a US Primark in pricing terms) launch on September 13, a pop-up shop opened in Manhattan today, with Margherita Missoni. Expect hordes filling up on the famous ziz-zag prints during breaks in the runway shows.
The Goss• Miss Piggy dishes to The Daily about Kate Moss' wedding: "It was...filled with beautiful people posing beautifully and pretending to recognise each other…. And best of all, with all those models around, nobody went near the dessert cart!"
• NY Post's Page Six magazine reports that actress Kat Dennings who stared in Sex and The City as a pretentious child actress is the new Sarah Jessica Parker.
• The new New York City beauty craze- Vampire injections or Dracula Therapy [is apparently "a natural way to get rid of fine lines"]- reports page Six magazine. Weird.
The shows• Designer Richard Chai showed at 11am, and his colourful collection was just what a grey morning in New York needed. The models donned bright coral pieces, lots of prints and even blue lips as they made their way down the catwalk. Tight fitted jackets and tailored chinos teamed with brogues were followed by mini skirts layered over trousers. The men were decked out in tailored cut-offs and peaked summer hats.
• At Nicholas K luxe, white sportswear was the order of the day, complete with lots of layering; spring jackets were teamed with fine, sheer scarves. Later, it was the turn of rich peach coloured flowing skirts and dresses, perfect for lazy days in the sun.
• It was beautiful tailoring from BCBG Max Azria, the signature look was art deco style dresses- think the Chrysler building meets chiffon fabrics. There were splashes of yellow, orange, blue, green and purple, the perfect S/S palette on flowing dresses with asymmetric hemlines, just the ticket for sweltering summer in New York.
Hair News Network
Post a Comment